Application binaries generated with NeoMAD can be signed depending on target platform requirements.
Please refer to iOS signature as the signature process is part of the application development process on this platform.
Building and testing an application on a device¶
To build and test an application on a device, a development certificate and provisioning profile are required. Cf. Provisioning a device for development to create both.
- Download the development mobile provision from the iOS provisioning portal from the section “Provisioning > Development”. It is a .mobileprovision file.
- Add the provisioning profile to the project. Note that since this file can be shared between team members it is advisable to include it in the NeoMAD project
- Fill in the signature section of the URS file with the name of the certificate and path to the mobile provision file
<signature> <ios certificate = "iPhone Developer: Durand Bernard" mobileprovision = "provisioning/myprofile.mobileprovision" /> <signature />
- Build with NeoMAD using the IPHONE target on the Mac where the certificate is installed.
- Check for the .ipa file in the out directory. Double clicking on the file will deploy the application into the iTunes library
- Connect a device and synchronize it with iTunes to install the application. Only a device indicated in the provisioning profile can be used to deploy the application
the xcodebuild command line tool must be installed to build the application. It can be downloaded and installed from Xcode in Xcode > Preferences > Downloads.
to find the certificate name installed in a Mac, use the following command line in a shell: security find-identity -p codesigning -v.
Building for AppStore (or Ad-Hoc)¶
The process to build an application for the App Store is almost the same as the process to build an application for a development device.
- Download the distribution mobile provision from the iOS provisioning portal in “Provisioning > Distribution”.
- Add the provisioning profile to the project. NB. since this file can be shared between team members, it is advisable to include it in the NeoMAD project.
- If you want to build on a different machine than the one used to create the distribution certificate, download the distribution certificate from the “Certificates > Distribution” section and install it by double clicking on it. The certificate cannot be used if the private key is not installed, cf. Sharing a distribution certificate to learn how to share the key.
- Fill in the signature section of the urs with the name of the certificate and path to the mobile provision file.
<signature> <ios certificate = "iPhone Distribution: Neomades" mobileprovision = "provisioning/myprofile.mobileprovision" /> <signature/>
- Build with NeoMAD using the IPHONE target on the mac on which the certificate is installed
- Check for the .ipa file in the out directory. This file cannot be installed on a device but can be sent to the App Store.